Subject: LRO: Midget tach wiring and steering box help needed...

From: "Chris Oles" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 19:24:17

I'm hoping a fellow Roverphile can help.  Trying to wire in a mid-70's 
Midget tachometer into my 70 SIIa 88.  Already have fried a voltage 
stabilizer guessing and now am forced to break down and ask.  Can someone 
post some explicit instructions and maybe even a pic or two of the back of 
the tach wired in?

Also having some steering box leekage issues.  Haven't taken the wing off 
yet to diagnose but can a new seal or 2 stop the leekage?  There is some 
play in the steering of the beast and with a new relay installed and all 
ball joints checked over, I have to guess that oil had leaked out 
unbeknownst to the PO and he ran it dry.  In that case, is a replacement 
steering box in order or can they be rebuilt (it's a RHD)?  How much play is 
acceptable (when I say "play", I mean when the steering wheel is turned to 
how long it takes for the wheels to react)?

Thanks!

Chris
70 SIIa 88
_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com