Re: LRO: RE: Series driver height.

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 13:44:22 EDT

    >>Maybe you've got short legs! I sure as hell can't fit into any series 88
    >> truck I've ever tried to fit into. At least not with the doors on. And my
    >> friend who is 6'6 and has a 67 IIA 109 passed up on a IIA 88 because he had
    >> to open the door to operate the clutch. Glad your trucks fit you..
    >
    >I wonder if the mud is getting a little deep here..... So far as I'm
    >aware, the
    >front passenger compartment in a Model 109 is virtually identical to the
    >front passenger compartment in an 88,

    This really hurts me to admit this but I agree with C. Marin.

    The bulkheads and seat boxes are in the same location on the 88, 90, 109
    & 110.

    The difference between an 88 and 109 is that the 109 seat BACK can LEAN
    farther rearwards providing more shoulder to top of steering wheel
    distance and a head location farther rearward of the windscreen. The 109
    two door's behind seat bulkhead is set farther to the rear than that of
    an 88. I believe the 109 station wagon cross brace is as well.

    So yes your arms are more stretched out, your head is farther away from
    the windscreen and your hips are not bent as acutely (A tummy to leg
    clearance issue with larger waist lines). But bottom line is that your
    hips and feet are in the same relative locations in both 88s & 109s.

    TeriAnn
                          http://www.overlander.net

      The world's most complete set of links connecting Rover 4X4 owners
      with Rover parts, service, accessory & sales companies world wide.