Re: LRO: Dodge front ends/SUV Poseur test

From: RON WARD (ronward@synovustrust.com)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 08:45:56 EDT

    Whew! I scored a 1. Need to tow more often.....

    RW

    >>> forbesn@hotmail.com 07/04/01 11:17AM >>>
    Thought I'd forward this from another list I'm on. Hope you enjoy it and all
    score low (I scored 1).

    Niall Forbes
    66 IIa 88SW - The Red Zit
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    The Nova Scotian Rover - http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/forbes/intro.htm

    "See the happy moron,
    He doesn't give a damn.
    I wish I were a moron.
    My God! Perhaps I am!"
    --author unknown

    With all the discussion regarding marketed images with respect to SUVs,
    lemmings, incompetency behind the wheel, etc, here's a simple test for SUV
    owners:

    1. Do you tow more than 3 times per year?

    2. Is your cargo area stained from hauling dirt, rocks, landscaping items,
    race car support items, etc?

    3. Are your tire's load ratings D or E?

    4. Have you ever removed the 3rd seat (if applicable) for extra storage?

    5. You've never slid off the road in the winter (except when avoiding a
    collision with an out of control vehicle)?

    6. You're never passed by a passenger car in snowy conditions?

    7. You have more than 3 others, including larger dogs, to accomodate?

    8. The underside, and/or skid plate(s), of your SUV has scrapes?

    9. Have you ever used your roof rack?

    10. Have you legitimetely had occassion to use the "low" transfer case
        gears? (double 'no' if you don't have this option)

    11. Your tires are either M/S, A/T, or "off-road-only" rated?

    Tally up all the times you responded with "no". Score as follows:

    8+ Poseur! You have no reason to own an SUV. You're wasting fuel,
       blocking the roads, and are a detriment to society. Party officials
    will soon be at your door to confiscate said vehicle. (my
    neighborhoor's garages will soon have extra space! ;) )

    4-7 Borderline. The higher end of this range should consider borrowing a
    poseur friends SUV if said friend is not completely anal about their
    vehicle.

    1-3 "Justified SUV Owner" i.d. card is in the mail

    0 My hero!