LRO: Junkyard Wars

From: RON WARD (ronward@synovustrust.com)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 08:10:47 EDT

    Anyone catch last nights TLC broadcast of the Junkyard Wars championship? The Brits made great use of a nice blue Series III 88" in powering their hydraulic car crusher. The US farm boys sledgehammer method took the prize but with much less finesse.

    Anyone know where this show is filmed? I saw an early Range Rover 2-door in a pile of junk. It was a great show with many very humorous moments. Wonder how we could incorporate the "junkyard war" element into Land Rover events like our upcoming Southern Land Rover Society (www.solaros.com) Southern Appalachian Expedition?

    Cheers!

    RW