Subject: LRO: RE: Stock off-road

From: "C. Marin Faure" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 17:52:43 -0700

Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 16:43:49 -0400
From: "Perrone Ford" <[email-masked]>
Subject: LRO: RE: Stock off-road (was Dodge front ends)

>Your call on the Grand Cherokee was a big miss.

As I said, I don't pay much attention to vehicles, so
I'm not totally aware of what's what these days.  My
inclusion of the Cherokee but not the Grand Cherokee
was based on what I've read in newsgroups over the recent
years posted by Jeep people that the plain-Jane Cherokee
was much better off-road than the Grand Cherokee.  This
seemed to be universally accepted by the Jeep freaks on the
lists, including the owners of Grand Cherokees, so I figured
they must know what they're talking about.  I believe it had
to do with things like ground clearance, overall reliability,
etc.  But the Grand Cherokee doesn't seem to fare too well
in the off-road department in the few reviews I've read. It
shines, however, in the on-road department, right up there
with the new-model Range Rover, or even surpassing it depending
on the reviewer.

________________________
C. Marin Faure
  (original owner)
  1973 Land Rover Series III-88
  1991 Range Rover Vogue SE
   Seattle, WA