Subject: LRO: Rude comments

From: Rick and Laura Lamb <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 21:48:17 -0400

>  You know, it's comments like this that remind me of why I hardly read
this list anymore much less write to it. 20 people can write and talk
about  how ugly the Aztec is, but someone throws in some comments about
coilers and some people get all bent out of shape. A true Land Rover
lover can and does appreciate both leafers and coilers...and yes, I do
have both.

Laura Lamb
'88 Range Rover
'70 Lightweight
     Yes,
>
>   The departure angle on the stock RR isn't so hot.  Nor is the
approach
>  angle with the front spoiler.  So the front spoiler was removed week
one.
>  The rear overhang was more difficult to deal with, but I have dragged
my
>  butt over a LOT of hills.  And a 33x10.50 Swamper fits easily in the
stock
>  wheel well (yes I've done it).  I believe that's bigger than the
stock
>  defender or series tire, so I don't see the problem.
>
>   I'm not sure with your second question if you actually mean VCU
(Viscous
>  coupling unit) or ECU (Electronic Control Unit).  In the case of the
VCU,
>  I'd simply remove the front drive shaft, BTDT.  In the case of the
ECU, I'd
>  simply replace it.  It takes all of 15 minutes and you don't even
have to
>  get dirty doing it.  Too many people make such a big deal out of the
ECU
>  getting fried.  It's just like anything else.  Keep a spare.  You can
get
>  them from wreckers and other sources for a few hundred bucks.
>

Why don't you take your comments about coilers to the RANGIE list?  This
is
the SERIES list, or haven't you been paying attention to the reasons why
the
list split SEVERAL years ago?

Bob Sharp
Tucson, AZ
The slumbering herd on the Rover Ranch:
52 Series I 80"
53 Series I 80"
60 Series II 88"
63 Series IIa 88"
71 Series IIa 109"
96 Discovery Series I

"Why is it that every project you complete on a Land Rover results in
knowledge and skills you hope you never need to use again?"