Subject: LRO: Re: LRO Mailing List DIGEST * * * * V1 #437

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 19:32:59 EDT

In a message dated 7/4/2001 11:05:10 AM US Mountain Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> 
>  Yes,
>  
>   The departure angle on the stock RR isn't so hot.  Nor is the approach
>  angle with the front spoiler.  So the front spoiler was removed week one.
>  The rear overhang was more difficult to deal with, but I have dragged my
>  butt over a LOT of hills.  And a 33x10.50 Swamper fits easily in the stock
>  wheel well (yes I've done it).  I believe that's bigger than the stock
>  defender or series tire, so I don't see the problem.
>  
>   I'm not sure with your second question if you actually mean VCU (Viscous
>  coupling unit) or ECU (Electronic Control Unit).  In the case of the VCU,
>  I'd simply remove the front drive shaft, BTDT.  In the case of the ECU, I'd
>  simply replace it.  It takes all of 15 minutes and you don't even have to
>  get dirty doing it.  Too many people make such a big deal out of the ECU
>  getting fried.  It's just like anything else.  Keep a spare.  You can get
>  them from wreckers and other sources for a few hundred bucks.
>  

Why don't you take your comments about coilers to the RANGIE list?  This is 
the SERIES list, or haven't you been paying attention to the reasons why the 
list split SEVERAL years ago?

Bob Sharp
Tucson, AZ
The slumbering herd on the Rover Ranch:
52 Series I 80"
53 Series I 80"
60 Series II 88"
63 Series IIa 88"
71 Series IIa 109"
96 Discovery Series I 

"Why is it that every project you complete on a Land Rover results in 
knowledge and skills you hope you never need to use again?"