Re: LRO: Dodge front ends

From: christian147@juno.com
Date: Wed Jul 04 2001 - 11:58:53 EDT

    On Tue, 3 Jul 2001 23:02:34 -0400 "Jean-Leon Morin"
    <offroaddesign@softhome.net> writes:
    > Unfortunately, the problems are not limited to Dodge vehicles only.
    > Ford
    > seems to be having major reliablility problems with their F250's.
    > J-L
    Seems the big three have heard the customer and softened there truck
    lines to make them more appealing to the biggest customer. What I see is
    you have to get 1 ton or bigger now to get the strength of the early
    eighty's 3\4 ton's. Ford has expanded its heavy duty line in resent
    years, I believe to satisfy its old customers. If the customer
    understands that the utility of the trucks has been moved up the line so
    that the old F250 buyer nows needs to buy a 350 or 450, he will be well
    served, if not he wares it out quick. The good name of the old 3\4 tones
    has been used to create the modern cod piece.

    Kind of like grade inflation.

    Chris hall