Re: LRO: Re: Aztec

From: lroml@minbar.fourfold.org
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 14:52:21 EDT

    On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Peter Ogilvie wrote:

    > HMMMMM!!! Azteks all over Vancouver, BC. Think!! What does that say
    > about our friends to the north.

    We're cheap and GM is trying to unload them? :-) It *is* LotusLand out
    there you know. Anything is possible. They did buy submarines in 1914 to
    defend their ferries and fishing boats against the maurading German
    U-boats that were lurking in huge packs off shore... :-) And we won't
    talk about some of their more "interesting" Premiers.

    Now, at the other end of the country, Newfoundland's first provincial
    Premier, and last colonial one, Joey Smallwood owned a Land Rover. It was
    the first vehicle to drive across the province, with Smallwood in it I
    understand. It still exists. Owned by an OVLR member in St. John's.