Re: LRO: War Over Galvanizing Strange New French Guy

From: Joseph S Dufresne (Josad@networld.com)
Date: Sun Jul 01 2001 - 21:53:29 EDT

    Scout used dana 44 on the rear of 65+ vehicles and in the front of 74+ scouts

    tell me more about this scout, where'd you see it, body style, color,
    etc. I might be able to tell you who drives it and whats inder the frame

    Joe

    At 01:32 PM 6/29/2001 -0700, you wrote:
    >On Fri, 29 June 2001, "Hope Peter" wrote:
    >
    > >Using Scout axles would be pretty good >idea if you dont mind making the
    > >vehicle wider.
    > >Pete
    >
    >Does anyone know if the Scout axles ever included Dana 44's? I followed a
    >very nicely prepped late model IH Scout (77-78?) into work today, and I
    >thought the diff looked Dana-ish. The truck had revolver shackles and was
    >easily running on 35's or taller. The scouts are very popular where I
    >live, and you hardly ever see a stock one. They are relatively cheap used
    >so if you boff the truck off road, you can buy a couple of spares trucks
    >for what we put into say ...........a Land Rover transmission.
    >
    >Bryan
    >62 88
    >70 109 "Genie"

    >PeoplePC: It's for people. And it's just smart.
    >http://www.peoplepc.com

    Joe Dufresne, josad@networld.com; ICQ# 25751950;
    http://tigger.tmcom.com/~josad/
    78 SSII; Smoking Scouts, Rocky Mtn chapter Recruitment officer for Smoking
    Scouts.

    "It's a farm implement thing, you wouldn't understand"