Subject: LRO: Coin of the realm

From: "A. P. \"Sandy\" Grice" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 22:57:27 -0500

William L Leacock <[email-masked]>

>Sorry Sandy, in the days when they made the ROVER 3 litre, ten bob was a
>note.  The coin frequently used in those gimmicky trials was a 3 penny
>piece which had ten or twelve sides so it stood up easily.

Wasn't really sure of the denomination....However, I do have a print ad
image in the archives of a coin balanced on edge on the 3.0 litre and it is
*round*, not sided...of course, there's no way to tell if the engine is
*running*....

Not really sure what it is/was...it appears to be copper, about the size of
our 50 cent piece (when was the last time you saw one of those??) but twice
as thick....

Cheers

  *----jeep may be famous, LAND-ROVER is legendary-----*
  |                                                    |
  |              A. P. "Sandy" Grice                   |
  |     Rover Owners' Association of Virginia, Ltd.    |
  |    1633 Melrose Parkway, Norfolk, VA 23508-1730    |
  |  (757)423-4898  (757)622-7054  FAX (757)622-7056   |
  |                                                    |
  *----1972 Series III 88"----1996 Discovery SE-7(m)---*