Re: LRO: Prejudices wasKinda Long and Opinionated Leaf/Coil comments bewarned

From: Bryan Hoult (bhoult@peoplepc.com)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 18:38:54 EDT

    On Fri, 29 June 2001, "Peter Ogilvie" wrote:

    >Going faster than 70mph on ANY off
    >road capable truck is irresponsible >and dangerous to the rest of us.

    That's for damned sure. Every morning I have the potential misfortune of passing a lifted Ford pickup (late sixties genre)coming from the opposite direction, on a country road. The lift was obviously done with the assistance of an inebriated brother in law and a one eyed cousin. At any rate, the thing comes bouncing down the road like a basketball on its enormous tires, and all I can think is "God, just let the 3rd member catch me square in the forehead, and I won't spend the kid's college money on my Land Rovers anymore". Unfortunately, a glance to the cab doesn't instill any confidence. Remember the character from Deliverance that uttered the line "squeal like a pig"? Well, the driver of this truck makes that guy look like an Ivy League recruiter.

    Bryan
    62 88
    70 109 "Genie"

    PeoplePC: It's for people. And it's just smart.
    http://www.peoplepc.com