LRO: Re: Farm gate clearance

From: Frank Elson (frankelson@felson.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 16:07:35 EDT

    totally agree with you Marin.
     I've talked to some of the early developers, most notably Tom Barton, and
    never once heard a farm gateway mentioned. It seems to be so important that
    someone would have mentioned that they had taken it into account...
     Mind you, I can show you gateways in Yorkshire that you can't get anything
    more than a motorcycle through...

    anecdote time: in one of James Herriott's books is the story of the gate -
    the one that always 'attacked' James when he went to visit a certain farm.
     The TV company liked this one and paid a carpenter/special effects man to
    build such a gate.
     Then they needed a place to film it so went out in the Dales looking for a
    location. The first gate they came to attacked the production assistant...

    Best Cheers

    Frank
         "(o)======(o)" Bronze Green 110 CSW