Re: LRO: Straight Six (was New Guy....)

From: David Scheidt (dscheidt@tumbolia.com)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 13:06:20 EDT

    On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, Faure, Marin wrote:

    :Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 09:18:45 +0100
    :From: "Steve Mace" <steve@solwise.co.uk>
    :Subject: Re: LRO: New Guy or All about Joe
    :
    :>Some engineer told me a long time ago that the most inherantly vibration free
    :engine design is a straight six... To do with the period the cylinders
    :reciprocate at.
    :
    :I've heard this many times, too. The only thing smoother than a straight six
    :is a V-12.

    Fans of non-reciprocating engines, like Wankels and gas turbines, laugh at
    statements like that, of course.

    --
    dscheidt@tumbolia.com
    Bipedalism is only a fad.