Re: LRO: Re: Re: Re: Wiring

From: David Scheidt (dscheidt@tumbolia.com)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 20:15:35 EDT

    On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Hope Peter wrote:

    :
    :> That's what I was looking for. I imagine it's impractical for them to
    :> provide any outer armour as each install will be different.
    :>
    :Yeah, I wonder if it would be worth it to run long segments inside of Romex,
    :the flex cable used in homes.

    Do you mean Romex, or BX? Romex is plastic covering two insulated wires
    plus an uninsulated ground. BX is flexible metal conduit. There are
    plastic harness conduit stuff. I've used three sorts, though none in
    cars. One is like BX, just plastic, one is that, plus a continuous cut,
    so you can assemble a harness with having to undo things. The third,
    which I like much better, is a spiral wrapped thing. It allows you to
    add and remove wires at any point along the run, and you don't have to
    worry about it falling out like with continous split stuff. Comes in
    neat colors, too. I've seen all of these products in use in autos, so they
    should be easy to find.

    --
    dscheidt@tumbolia.com
    Bipedalism is only a fad.