LRO: Euro 6 / SU HD6 power problem

From: Monika & Steve Rochna (mns@oasisol.com)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 02:09:22 EDT

    All:

    I have a IIB with the Euro 6 and an HD6 carb. It starts okay and idles good
    but will not put out any power to speak of unless it is hot and has at least
    half choke. When it got here I noticed a bubbling from the #6 cyl between
    the head and block so slacked the head fixings and retorqued IAW the book.
    No more bubbling but still not much power. I got a carb kit and reassembled
    it IAW the book after a good cleaning. The engine has 8300km on the clock
    since new in 1968 and is currently operating at 4000' msl. I have a spare
    head gasket and might pull the head this weekend to look into the engine and
    confirm there is no inter-cyl leakage, maybe even have the head skimmed
    while it it off.

    Does anyone out there have any experience with these engines and carbs? I'm
    pretty familiar w/the 2.25 but this set up is new to me. Any help / advice
    is appreciated.

    Thanks - Steve Rochna, Fallon, NV
    1972 88"
    1968 110"