Re: LRO: Re: galvie / paint

From: Peter Ogilvie (konacoffee2@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 15:34:55 EDT

    Everyone keeps talking about 'nightmare' warpage in galvanizing a bulkhead.
    In all the years that I've been on the list, haven't heard of anyone who
    actually had one warp. Everyone that has done it has been happy, that I
    remember reading about. Is this 'nightmare' warping just that, a nightmare.
      If so lets put it in th closet with all the other discredited theories
    like axles as a shear pin in the drive train and all the other imaginary
    monsters.

    The only warpage I've ever heard of was one that was run over by a forklift
    at the galvanizer's, by the way.

    Someone was speculating that the naked galvanized bulkhead wouldn't look
    good with red panels on their truck. Might I suggest that the naked
    bulkhead would look great with naked panels. A naked finish is extremely
    durable, doesn't show scratches, and the price is right. Why paint a series
    truck??

    Aloha
    Peter O.