Subject: LRO: Unobtainium

From: "A. P. (Sandy) Grice" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 11:04:57 -0400

Rich wrote:

>> I'm probably wrong about this but isn't it true that you cannot have both
>> an OD and a PTO?

Correct....

Paul Quin" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Probably not with a rear PTO, but there was such a thing as a bottom PTO
>that bolted on where the transfer case pan goes.  It's been unobtainium for
>years...

Robert Davis (of "mercruiser" fame) has one - *new* in a gen-u-wine LR
wooden crate.  Only one I've ever seen in over 30 years of Rovering.  This
'bottom' PTO was officially called a "centre" power take-off.  With it you
could have an O/D and a PTO.  No doubt the forest of stalks sprouting from
the floor would make the vehicle intimidating to most would-be car thieves....

A couple of years back, the boy made a tour of the UK, acquiring unusual
bits and pieces as he went.  Came home with two container loads of goods
and vehicles.

Cheers

	*-----"jeep may be famous, LAND-ROVER is legendary"----*
	|                 A. P. "Sandy" Grice                  |
	|    The Rover Owners' Association of Virginia, Ltd    |
	|     1633 Melrose Parkway, Norfolk, VA 23508-1730     |
	|     757-622-7054  (H)423-4898  (FAX)757-622-7056     |
	*------------------------------------------------------*