Re: LRO: More opinions sought

From: Russ Wilson (gambrinus66@mail.earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 11:22:46 EDT

    >> Off to the galvanisers with you!!
    >
    >No galvy shops in this part of the country (pacific northwest) or I'd do it
    >in a heartbeat.
    >
    >Rich

    If you really want your stuff galvanized, look into getting a rental truck
    and stuffing everything in the back and driving to the closest galvanizer.
    This is how I hauled my goodies to the galvanizer. It really wouldn't
    matter how far between your house and the galvie man other than milage on
    the rental truck and time off of work if you had to drive REALLY far to
    find a galvanizer. I'm in L.A. but may be moving back east at some point
    so I decided that if I was going to the trouble of having my rover 100%
    torn apart I was going to make it as rust proof as possible.
    Pennsylvania(where we may return to) uses a magic salt solution on the
    roads which makes steel in autos literally melt away.

    Good Luck

    Russ and Leslie Wilson

    "Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come
    to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
    --Ronald Reagan