Subject: LRO: Thermostats

From: "A. P. (Sandy) Grice" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 14:03:51 -0400

"Scott Wickham Jr." <[email-masked]> wrote:

>  I got my rad back from the rad shop.  Verdict:  Not clogged.  But, leaking
>at 3 corners.  In the truck it goes....

>I'm going to run it on the turnpike in a few minutes to see what she does.
 Might >put the thermostat back in and run the same road again.  A friend
said sometimes
>with no thermo the water flows too fast and the truck will overheat.  So,
>I'm off for a test drive.  Cross your fingers ;)

You *need* the thermostat.  Without it (and the blockage it creates) the
coolant will short-circuit the block, with #4 hardly getting any water.
Even if you pull the thermostat, it should be replaced with a suitable
sized metal disc with three 1/4" holes drilled in it.

Cheers

	*-----"jeep may be famous, LAND-ROVER is legendary"----*
	|                 A. P. "Sandy" Grice                  |
	|    The Rover Owners' Association of Virginia, Ltd    |
	|     1633 Melrose Parkway, Norfolk, VA 23508-1730     |
	|     757-622-7054  (H)423-4898  (FAX)757-622-7056     |
	*------------------------------------------------------*