Re: LRO: cleaning sensors

From: Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus (Alan_Richer@Lotus.com)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 10:59:33 EDT

    Any suggestions for the best way to clean an oil pressure sender (for the
    light) without destroying anything? Solvents of choice?

    I wouldn't - replace it. If it's flunky it will either:

    a) fail on
    b) worse, fail off
    c) much worse - fail and blow oil all over Hell.

    Sensors are cheap and vital to the car's health...and from the sound of
    this one I don't think cleaning is going to do it any good - sounds like
    the diaphragm is failing.

                        ajr