Re: LRO: French car, World Record

From: Zaxcoinc@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 23:03:14 EDT

    In a message dated 6/18/01 6:31:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
    SiregarAbdi@tpj.co.id writes:

    > Not really, because I love also to some French cars and I drive it to be
    > enjoyed.

    I apologize for the HTML, I'm changing providers soon.

    I'd like to claim the Distance leaping Peugeot, Land Speed Record.

    I encountered a wheel and tire on the freeway about ten years ago. It was
    rolling toward me, and there was no option but to hit it. I braked as well as
    I could, and hit it the rogue tire going about 55 mph. It did not roll or
    bounce away, but became trapped on the underside of the car, and rolled out
    the back, still standing. As it passed under the car, the end result was that
    the car shot skyward. I performed a long arc with a mid height of about 5
    feet to the bottom of the car. As a licensed pilot, when the nose began to
    come down, I pulled at the steering wheel, to stall the aircraft onto the
    runway, and to get the speed down. Peugeot has not had the foresight to equip
    their cars properly, and all my pulling was to no avail... When a Peugeot
    lands nose first on concrete, it makes an awful sound. The car went into the
    air about $4,000 and came down at $80. It made it home, as a Land Rover
    would, but was not particularly drivable. It left a nice tire print down the
    centerline of the car, and the "landing" left every single body panel bent.

    LR content, friends of mine grew up in Africa, and swear by Peugeot 300
    series vehicles as they put over 300K on theirs on dirt only. The floor pan
    was worn out at the end, and they sold it and got another, rather than
    continually telling the kids to be careful not to put their feet down at
    speed.