Re: LRO: Radiator

From: Peter Ogilvie (konacoffee2@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 17 2001 - 16:00:00 EDT

    FWIW I put in a later style series III radiator and have noticed no
    difference in the running temperature. At least no difference in
    temperature when there was water in the radiator which got increasingly
    uncommon as the old one started leaking more and more.

    If you want to keep the old style and your header tank is still okay, you
    may be able to have it recored. Should be some places in HNL that specilize
    in radiators and they'd be able to do the deed. These places can make up
    almost any radiator to specifications and would probably be cheaper than
    buying new with the shipping. Nothing's impossible given enough time and
    money.

    Interesting that the Brit. suppliers advertise heavy duty tropical radiators
    that are made in Canada. Haven't seen these radiators available from our NA
    suppliers.

    Aloha
    Peter O.