LRO: RR's and getting ready.

From: Scott Wickham Jr. (urbncby@sgi.net)
Date: Sun Jun 17 2001 - 01:38:05 EDT

      Ok, I've decided. I'm taking Lucy to the BP. I finally got the starter
    back Thurs. The guy put in a new armature, bushings, and brushes. It
    worked for one day last week so I took it back. This time was much better.
    Put it in, turn key, hit button, zoom! Alright! Out for a test drive to
    get more supplies for BP. Para cord at the local Army surplus, new BDU
    pants, hat. Two exits on the turn pike and Lucy's ready to over heat. Pull
    over to let her cool. Back to the garage. Around town is a little hot but,
    on the highway is where she's getting real hot. Dad say's it's clogged.
    Borrow temp gun off another garage friend of ours and shoot the outside of
    the rad. Left side hot, right side 40F cooler. Out comes the rad. Off to
    the rad shop Monday morning and hopefully back in Monday night.
      On to some wiring. I would like to kick the person who invented
    Scotch-Locks. There everywhere! But, I was warned of this when I bought
    the truck. Things have been working intermittently for awhile but has been
    getting worse. No interior lights, hit the horn (which makes no noise) and
    I loose power to the cigar lighter, wipers working when they want to. Off
    to Advanced Auto for a 4 fuse block and wire it in. Wow! Things are
    working. A few more things to install, CB, GPS, cell phone, and I'm ready
    for Calabogie. Mounted limb risers and my Camel Trophy sign on the front of
    the roof rack. I cut out a piece of 1/4" steel plate and stuck it to that.
    That won't bend when I drag a branch across it! Hopefully Lucy will be
    ready with 24 hours to spare before departure. Now where did put my border
    crossing kit? (fake ID, 8 cases of beer, and a small card that say's "I
    wasn't convicted of anything, ever")

    Scott C. Wickham Jr.
    Pgh. Pa.
    '72 88" (secretly disguised as a IIa)