LRO: Radiator

From: Hope Peter (hope_peter@bah.com)
Date: Sun Jun 17 2001 - 01:59:22 EDT

    Aloha,
    well work on the new cam and head has gone well.
    Switched over to an electric cooling fan. This is a hayden unit with the
    black plastic connectors that feed through the core. Have used em many
    times in the past on a bunch of different vehicles, including my SerIII.
    Wouldn't ya know it, I damaged one of the tubes in the core and it's leaking
    now.
    I am going to ttry and solder it up, but if it doesn't work I will be in the
    search for a new radiator.
    Everyone else on island has a much thicker radiator then I do. I have been
    searching around and the parts places I have contacted so far tell me that
    all that is currently available is the later Ser III thinner cored radiator
    (like I have now)
    I really would like to get one of these thicker cores. Failing that, is
    there a match with another vehicle? Something heavy duty I might find in a
    modine catalog?
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Pete

    ps. oh and SWMBO calls yesterday afternoon. The GMC broke down on the side
    off the road. Overheating. It's the waterpump. Replace that and the hoses
    and thermostat. Hopefully she wasn't driving too far before seeing the temp
    gauge. Did a compression test and all 8 are even, but still could have
    blown a head.

    pss. The firm is giving away umbrellas to promote it's new recruitment
    drive. I opened it up in the office to check out the logo on it. Everyone
    freeks out, something about bad luck. Never heard that one before, but
    looks like I am paying for it now :-)