Re: LRO: Temp Question

From: Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus (Alan_Richer@Lotus.com)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 05:44:30 EDT

    >reading 60f.

    That's likely 60 C.....

    >I belive this is the water temp. Is this within the limits of running
    well? It
    >gets warm here in Wyoming and I would like to treat the engine nicely.

    Yup - right in range. If you look @ the gauge the line to the outside edge
    (if it's an original gauge) gets thicker from 100 10 110C and much heavier
    after that - those are the warning and "uh-oh" ranges.

    It is very hard to overheat a Series Rover unless you're working it very
    hard....they are rather overcooled (which is a good thing in the Summer).

    THe actual temperature that the gauge reads is determined by the thermostat
    rating - that being the bit that regualtes the water flow to the cooling
    system. Which one do you have fitted? Depending on that, add 5 degrees or
    so and that's the neighborhood you should be in.

    Considering the average accuracy of a Series gauge, however, I wouldn't
    worry about it either way. As long as it's in the normal range and stable
    you should be fine.

                             ajr