Re: LRO: Missing Front Drive Shaft

From: John Wang (jjwang@loop.com)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 04:32:38 EDT

    >:So, let's say worst case scenario. . or maybe it actually not that
    >:bad. . nursing a sick range rover back to health . . can't be that
    >:bad right? Let's assume it's the worst care scenario who much
    >
    >Heh. Lots. As much, or more, than you paid for it. I bet you need a
    >transfer case, or a bunch of front end work. A seller who doesn't tell you
    >these things should be assumed to be hiding lots more. (Unless they didn't
    >know about them, which is possible.) Of course, if you do all the work
    >yourself, it may not be a huge fortune, and you'll certainly learn lots
    >about the truck.

    Well. . so the can of worms has been opened.. guess it's time for
    me to dig in. . and enjoy. I'm not exactly too happy about the whole
    situation because as I've explained to the seller that it doesn't matter
    how much I paid for the car, whether it's $8k or $500 I expect to
    get what I paid for. The advertisement said a 4x4 Range Rover. . .
    i thought all RRs are 4x4. . and that's what i want. . but. .

    I actually wanted a Series LR, but they're hard to find and quite
    expensive. . . and that RR looked like the right candidate. .lol. .

    Anyway I'm glad this LRO-list is around cuz I'll probably be asking
    quite a few questions from now on. . . Beside the manuals, any tools
    I should get to start with?

    Thanks

    JohnWang