LRO: Re: British history

From: Frank Elson (frankelson@felson.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 14:41:00 EDT

    you write: >>. Of course that other more recent
    > >French guy, Mr. Bonaparte may have contributed.<<<

    so there you go, think the Welsh/Scots/English thing is confusing? Napoleon
    was a Corsican, not French.
    and De Gaulle, more recently, certainly stirred the pot a hell of a lot - he
    hated the British and Americans 'cos he depended on us during the War. Just
    like a lot of stupid British dislike Americans 'cos we depended on you. (Me,
    I've said before, a lot of us appreciate what you did - but then a lot of
    French appreciate us and you... c'est la vie)
    btw, the most hated German ever, Adolf Hitler, was Austrian...

    Best Cheers

    Frank
         "(o)======(o)" Bronze Green 110 CSW