Re: LRO: Missing Front Drive Shaft

From: John Wang (jjwang@loop.com)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 13:43:32 EDT

    >> Anyway, why
    >>would people take out the front drive shaft?
    >
    >Because the front diff, axle or CV joint is broken.
    >
    >Hope you got the RR cheap. I'd start it off with a full checkup.

    Well. . . i paid $3250. . . . it didn't seem like a bad deal at
    the time. . . I am also still waiting for the smog certificat
    from the seller though i don't know how he can do it without
    the car. . sigh.

    So, let's say worst case scenario. . or maybe it actually not that
    bad. . nursing a sick range rover back to health . . can't be that
    bad right? Let's assume it's the worst care scenario who much
    will I have to spend to nurse this car back to health scavenging
    from the junkyard? Any RangeRover junkyards in the Los Angeles
    Area?

    Anyone know where I can locate some manuals and spare parts
    for this 88 Range Rover?

    Thanks again,

    John