Re: LRO: Re: Engine/Trans Swap

From: Peter Ogilvie (konacoffee2@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 23:40:34 EDT

    I'm not a fan of the Jeep 4 cylinder that was in the 85 & 86 Cherokees.
    Don't know if that is the current engine in the Wrangler but if it is, stay
    away from it. Engine did not produce significant torque below 2800 rpm so
    was virtually useless off road. Would not putter along in low range with
    the air conditioning on unless you rode the clutch and rev'd the heck out of
    it. Often had to go into low range to negotiate drive ways and to start off
    on some steep roads. Performed okay on the road but a real bow wow unless
    you kept the rpm's up.

    Aloha
    Peter O.