LRO: Re: Re: Guinness (for Frank, the Old Fart)

From: Alex Maiolo (Rovernut@nc.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 19:16:53 EDT

    >OK guys, what's the 'odd' thing about serving Newkie Brown?

    First use of the clear bottle (reputed to "ruin" the beer, but I haven't
    noticed)? Oldest brewing site in the UK, allegedly? Gawrsh, I don't know....

    > Did you know that 'Bud' drunk from the bottle is a trendy drink in the UK?
    > Whenever I see 'em I have a chuckle knowing what my 'Murrican friends
    > actually think of it :-)>

    We all want we we can't have...
    Yeah, the whole Cool Britania thing kinda flooded you guys with quite a bit
    of Cool Americana too. The Bud thing. Jeans on the comeback. Even a PM who
    modeled his campaign after our Pres. (except, you know, for that the fact
    that he doesn't seem to have a malfuctioning fly that keeps opening itself
    in the company of random women).
    My friends in London have often been heard to say "Um Alex, you have a Land
    Rover...err..WHY?"
    And I'm like, "Fools! You should ALL drive them!"
    I just sit there drinking that elixer of Chiswick, Fuller's, at a bob or two
    a pint, and watch them spend the extra cash so they can drink Milwakee
    piss-water. Perhaps I can work out a beer exchange program...
    Real Czech Budweiser is another story. Good stuff!

    > Of course the young things drinking it are looking at me and thinking
    'he's
    > an old fart drinking Mild'
    > like I care...

    They'll learn...

    >you spotted the extra 'e' Alex. As I prefer Irish whiskey and always have
    >some around, mine shouldn't be a 'Scots' Mac.
    >mix? to taste mate, to taste - and have a lot of fun experimentin'...
    >(I do half'n'half myself)

    Remind the "young things" of these proportions the next time you're feeling
    like a lightweight (<-----unintentional LR content)

    Up Alan Shearer!
    Alex Maiolo
    Chapel Hill NC