Re: LRO: Clutch

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 16:32:35 EDT

    >I've tried the extra bleeding and the max lengthening of the slave piston
    >bolt. I still need three pumps of the clutch to get the new clutch plate
    >disengaged from the flywheel!!!

    >1960 Ser II (ie single chanel everything) SWB SW.

    OK.

    First thing is to check your mechanical linkage for wear. Lots of little
    elongated holes add up to a lot of movement in th pedal. Check every
    connection and replace anything that is elongated. Chances are the
    bronze ball has seen better days. Also check where the pedal connects to
    the master cylinder. The nuts sometimes back off.

    Also the vertical slave cylinder can be a real pain to bleed properly. I
    pressure bleed does it quickly. I once poured a qt of LMA fluid through
    a clutch system in an unsucessful attempt at a good pump bleed.

    TeriAnn Wakeman Marigold Ltd.
    Santa Cruz, California Web design, site updating, testing
    webmaster@overlander.net search engine optimization, graphics
                                  and more

    http://www.overlander.net/Marigold/index.html