Re: LRO: Re: Frame bushings

From: Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus (Alan_Richer@Lotus.com)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 06:50:55 EDT

    I doubt that the rubber has a torque tube effect on the suspension. The
    resistance of the rubber to twisting just isn't enough to really affect the

    motion of the shackles.

    I must disagre here - and something you do during installation proves it.

    Y'know how you always take a truck out for a run to settle it on its
    springs before you tighten the mounts to their nominal
    70-foot-pounds...this settles thing so that the springs arent held with the
    rubber torqued - as it will fail in that mode.

    More the point, jack up a truck across the rear, then loosen the shackle
    bolts - you will see the spring position change. There's a fair bit of
    resistance to movement there.

                             ajr