RE: LRO: Re: Engine/Trans Swap

From: Easton Trevor A (trevor_easton@dofasco.ca)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 23:14:41 EDT

      i was going to use a 350
    turbo on
    a 2.5 or 3.0.

    adam

    At the British Car Club of Western New York, Euro Car day saw two
    interesting engine projects.

    1 Austin Healey Sprite with 1275 A series engine plus Garrett Turbo.

    2 The ultimate Jaguar (?) Mk II saloon. Cut and shut into 2 door convertible
    with a ZZ502 Chevy crate motor 500 plus HP, 3 mpg around town, 5 on highway.

    I'm just dreaming about the 7.2 litre powerstroke turbo diesel conversion
    for the 88. Never mind the short prop shaft. I'll just do away with the
    gearbox cross member and bolt the transmission straight onto the axle.
    It worked for Piaggio on the Vespa!!!!