Re: LRO: Replacing footwells

From: Peter Ogilvie (konacoffee2@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 10 2001 - 21:08:39 EDT

    Haven't any first hand experience but a number of people have riveted in the
    replacement footwells. Use some kind of permanent marine sealant where the
    parts overlap, drill and pop. Riveting will be nearly as strong as welding.
      If you don't know how to weld and don't have the equipment, you won't have
    to develop a talent you may not have an aptititude for or spend the money on
    a welder. You could hire the welding but believe welders charge by the inch
    and footwells have a lot of inches to weld. So, unless you weld yourself or
    have a friend who works for beer, riveting has its strong points.

    Aloha
    Peter O.