LRO: RE: Optima battery top colors

From: Tackley, John (jtackley@dit.state.va.us)
Date: Fri Jun 08 2001 - 10:22:31 EDT

    red - standard auto battery
    yellow - deep cycle
    blue - marine deep cycle

    BTW, I walked into Auto Zone last night and there on prominent display is an
    Optima Red Top!
    Seems AZ has dropped the Champion Line of Batteries, which includes the
    'Vortek' Optima clone...so Auto Zone is now an Optima authorized warranty
    agent.
    CORRECTION: I mistyped the price I paid for a yellow top from 4X4
    Connection a few days ago...double-checked receipt...it was $140, still a
    very good price but not 89$ as I typed a few days ago(but since they 'threw
    into the deal' a free very slightly used "A" bar from a Def90, the 89$ is
    real close...)

    JT/ric..."mea culpa"

    OK, the time has come to ask the question.
     What are the differences between the colour tops on Optima?
    Best Cheers

    Frank