LRO: IIa for sale

From: RON WARD (ronward@synovustrust.com)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 21:57:37 EDT

    Brethren,

    This is the toughest thing I have ever had to do and I know one person who is surely going to question my sanity, but here goes. I'm looking for offers on my 1965 Series IIa soft top (with regular hard top also). She's mostly stock and in very nice shape. Some tweaking on the carburetor is all I have done lately and she's run very nicely around town. Here's the deal. SWMBO wants us to get a Disco 1 and outfit it for the trail and long distance drives. I live about 100 miles south of Atlanta and there is no off-roading around here to speak of. Nearest fun trails are in the northern part of the state and that's some 3 hours away, at highway speeds. So, the point is, I just don't get to use the truck for more than around town driving and that can get tough in the summer in a soft top.

    I have a 1995 RR Classic also and use it now for almost all trail riding simply because I can take it up the highway and back in a day.

    The 88 is pastel green. I've got tons of parts, all new hoop set and tan canvas top, and low miles on a strong engine and tranny. Regular hard top included (Bill Rice has the door that goes with it so you can't have that). New tires (5). Only three problems I have ever had were the points burnt out on me once, a rear brake cylender crapped the day of the SOLAROS rally in north Georgia and most recently the Solex blew an artery the day before the British Motor Car show in Atlanta. No clutch, brake (new brakes by the way) or engine trouble at all. Interior is very good and heat / sound proof (well, damn good for a IIa soft top).

    I'm looking for $9500 - or more ;> I have an ad on the LRX also (search on "IIa" and you can see a good photo) and I can email pictures to anyone interested.

    Thanks,

    Ron Ward
    1995 RR Classic SWB (ex-EAS)
    1965 IIa 88" that I bet won't start in the morning jst because I sent this post and she's pissed at me now for trying to replace her with a disco.