RE: LRO: Slowing down windscreen wipers

From: Jeff Berg (jeff@purpleshark.com)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 16:48:24 EDT

    >Actually, adding the variable delay to that one would likely have been a
    >matter of swapping a fixed resistor for a potentiometer...how much did you
    >pay for the black box again? 8*)

    Maybe a little more complicated then you think. The interval is
    controlled as follows:

    Flick the wiper stalk to the first position--"Interval"
    After the wipers have completed their cycle flick the stalk to off.
    Allow the windshield to mist up, then set the wipers to interval
    again... You've now set the interval time.

    Sounds complex but actually works quite nicely and is a very organic
    method of setting the ideal interval when you think about it.

    I paid $45 (I think) for the black box as part of a group buy. About
    a five minute job to swap the boxes--mostly because you have to
    remove the glove box to get at the "panel-o-black boxes."

    I have the single wiper motor.

    jeff

    --
    ==
      Jeffrey A. Berg     Purple Shark Media        Rowayton, CT