Re: LRO: Rain-X

From: DaveB (rovergawd@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 16:08:36 EDT

    --- "Faure, Marin" <Marin.Faure@PSS.Boeing.com> wrote:

    > The problem with Rain-X is that it puts a haze on the windshield
    > that, while transparent
    > and not a problem during the day, can cause a very annoying glare at
    > night when hit
    > by oncoming lights.

    well, I only had a glare problem with rain-x at night when trying to
    rely on the rain x alone (dead SIII wiper motor). this was from other
    vehicles' lights' glare hitting the droplets on the windshield, and not
    from the rain-x's haze. If you can still see the haze I suggest you use
    a little more elbo-grease in your rain-x application formula.
    I have noticed residual haze sometimes from rain-x, but I can usually
    buff it out. I also noticed that rain-x is good for dissolving the
    excess silicone from my atttempts to seal the windshield area.

    I was amazed at how much water came in through the windshield last
    downpour. It's a little disconcerting to see a steady stream of water
    running out from behind the guage panel. You know, the one that holds
    all those wires in...

    later