RE: LRO: Rain-X

From: Easton Trevor A (trevor_easton@dofasco.ca)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 14:35:39 EDT

    > Agreed. I just came home from the marina as it started to pour. Rain-X was
    >
    > reapplied to the Zit yesterday and it worked perfectly on the way home. I
    > always wanted to rig up a sort of parallelogram-linkage type wiper system
    > like they use on buses. The wiper remains in the vertical position and
    > moves
    > side to side with only a slight arc.
    >
    > Niall Forbes

            Now your thinking. With the Rover's flat screens you could fit a
    linear track across the top of the frame attach both wipers to this track
    and use either an electric motor, vacuum or air to traverse the wipers side
    to side. This would effectively clear the entire area of each pane. The
    screen wash nozzle could be attached to the wiper arm and direct its blast
    straight onto the window next to the top of the blade where it could do most
    good.