Re: LRO: Tires - oops - Tyres

From: RON WARD (ronward@synovustrust.com)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 09:26:55 EDT

    Isn't the BFG AT stock on NAS D90?

    >>> offroaddesign@softhome.net 06/06/01 12:02AM >>>
    Niall, BFG AT's?

    Ewww, EwWwWw.

    WORST off road tire I've seen, period. The tight tread gets packed up with
    crud, and unless you drive a V8, your series rig will never put out enough
    wheel spin to clean them out. On top of that, they cost a fortune, and
    (gulp) can be had on stock Jeeps!

    They do have some advantages, though. They are definitely a good road tire,
    and in a case where roadability is of primary concern, they might be a good
    choice. They should be pretty good in sand...

    They seem to be the hot ticket on Jeeps with expensive alloy wheels, which
    in my mind rings a very loud alarm bell.

    J-L