Re: LRO: Slowing down windscreen wipers

From: Tom Rowe (trowe@attglobal.net)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 07:11:47 EDT

    On Wed, 6 Jun 2001 05:15:58 -0400, Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus wrote:

    >Sorry - standard delay switch won't work with the Series wiper motor. These
    >gadgets rely on the "parking" switch on the motor to do their cycle, as all
    >they do is switch a pulse of DC power to the motor to get it off the park
    >position, then the motor does the rest all by itself.
    Snip

    I have a delay switch that doesn't work that way. In fact I have a couple of them. Got
    them at TrakAuto (are they still in business in the DC area anyone?).
    I'll see if I can find one of them to get a name and PN. I used one for a number of years
    in an old VW bus. Never got around to putting one in my Rover.
    As I recall it didn't do intermittent, just delay, from full on, to somehting like once every 5
    seconds. It's a small box, about 1 1/2" square and 3 inches long. An on/off switch and a
    slider to control the delay.
    Cheers

    Tom Rowe
    Atlanta, GA

    Four wheel drive allows you to get stuck
            in places even more inaccessible