Subject: LRO: Frame bushings

From: "Andy Woodward" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 11:32:15 +0100

\  You'll need to lash up a tool to draw the new bush back into the 
\frame, if 
\your putting stock bushes back in.  I use a long bolt, some surplus 
\shackles 
\and a bunch of washers of appropriate size for spacers.  Keep 
\cranking on 
\the nut, loosening and adding washers, and cranking, etc. till the 
\bush is 
\back in place.  Have heard but not verified that Polubushes are in 
\two 
\pieces and have no outer sleeve so go in and come out way easier.

I've just discovered that I can bread the bead on my motocycle tyre 
easily and quickly by judicious bashing with a heavy rubber mallet. 
Previously to this it was an hour odf straining and cursing with a 
huge C-clamp and a 3 foot prybar. 

So. Why couldnt you just gently bash hte bushes in with a rubber 
mallet?