Re: LRO: RE: Optima battery anyone? Good price

From: Perrone Ford (ford_p@nettally.com)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 11:03:01 EDT

    John,

       Please note that Exide does not license Optima technology.  They own it.  They purchased GHB a year or two ago and GHB was the parent of Optima Technologies.  Exide had been working on their own gel battery independently of  GHBs work (I own one) but decided to purchase the technology from GHB outright.

    -Perrone

    Tackley, John wrote:

    Tom,
    I bought the genuine, original Optima Yellow top at a recent LR rally (Old
    North State's Uwharrie Safari) for $89 from 4X4 Connection, obviously a
    great price which also avoided shipping charges. We are attempting to round
    up vendors for ROAV's Mid Atlantic Rally October 5-7 and hopefully 4X4
    Connection will be one of them...good folks.
    As you are probably aware, Optima has licensed their spiral wound battery
    cell technology to Excide, Champion and others. Exide is also handling all
    warranty clains for Optima products, so claims service nationwide is easy to
    find.
    If your battery need can wait, check with Tim Nichols at 4X4Connection
    (4X4Connection.com) and check his price. Tell him ROAV referred you. I'm
    sure with a bit of encouragement, he will bring his large trailer full of
    goodies to the MAR (along with your battery), and you can ! aviod shipping
    charges and enjoy