Re: LRO: Tires - oops - Tyres

From: William J. Rice (jarvis64@juno.com)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 08:55:58 EDT

    No need to get the tyres mounted cheezy-sidewalls-out. BFGs, for
    instance, have white letters on one side, and raised black letters on the
    other. Last set of BFG MTs I got, I specifically told the tire shop
    dudes to mount them white side in, and I went out to the bay to drive
    away to find nice blue letters pointing out all around. I just about
    fell over. Needless to say, I spent a little more time at the shop that
    afternoon while they remounted everything. Can't give any size
    recommendations for 15" rims--are you going w/ them b/c you're doing a
    concourse resto? If not, I'd say pitch 'em and put 16" on. They're way
    more functional, not to mention better looking.

    bill