Re: LRO: disc brakes conversion?

From: William J. Rice (jarvis64@juno.com)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 09:49:27 EDT

    What about doing this on a normal (not disc-braked) truck? My 109s front
    brakes seem plenty able to stop me headed forward, but off road on steep
    hills, I have to MASH on the pedal to keep from going backwards when I
    stop. It's not the most confidence-inspiring feeling as you gather your
    wits, look at lines, and play w/ the tranny brake and clutch in
    preparation for your next run . . .

    If everyone says this is a good idea, I'll be quite sad about giving away
    my spare 11" backing plates a few years back . . .

    An added benefit of this would be that it would make bleeding both the
    front and rear axle a big ol' PITA.

    A drawback might be that the "rear circuit" part of the master ain't
    designed to operate two slaves per wheel . . .

    bill