Re: LRO: Electrics

From: Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus (Alan_Richer@Lotus.com)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 05:58:41 EDT

    Yup - not a big surprise....

    First off, have a look at the PO's wiring - what did he add and where and
    more importantly WHY? THis is all going to have to be re-added properly by
    hand - preferably in properly colour-coded wire.

    Were I you (and I'm in this shape with Mr. Churchill) I'd get a new
    harness, and add the proper wiring alongside that as needed.

    Rewiring, like everything else, is not a nightmare but is involved. Take it
    all out paying careful attention to small jumpers and the like that you
    might need later. Then armed with your new harnesses and a copy of the
    wiring diagram hook it up one section at a time, coloring in the wires as
    connected. THis way you have some idea of where to look as you go through
    the troubleshooting process later.

    If you want to chat on this off-line I can tell some horror
    stories...<grin>

                        Alan