RE: LRO: RE: Asbestos (was tuning by eye)

From: Easton Trevor A (trevor_easton@dofasco.ca)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 08:31:07 EDT

    When I worked for the Rolls Royce garage the pencil leads were inserted
    perpendicular to the pad surface so the graphite would be "impregnated" onto
    the shoe surface.
    Like you, I have doubts about Marin's method. Maybe the holes affect the
    resonant frequency of the shoe or pads leading edge, sort of like putting a
    chamfer on but on the inside.