LRO: RE: Friend's tranny problem

From: Easton Trevor A (trevor_easton@dofasco.ca)
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 18:03:07 EDT

    Check for the plastic ball on the end of the gear lever. It often
    disintegrates and the too small end remaining can slip between the selectors
    cause a gearbox lock up. Solution is to replace the ball or use a Series
    II/IIA gearlever. Or weld a nut on the end of the stick and file it to shape
    so it fits the selectors.