Re: LRO: Re: Pencil lead and LRs

From: David Scheidt (dscheidt@tumbolia.com)
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 02:33:38 EDT

    On Thu, 31 May 2001 SFmms@aol.com wrote:

    :The "lead" in pencils is graphite, which is a good lubricant. I regularly
    :spray graphite lube on my SIII and SIIa leaf springs to reduce friction
    :between the leaves. Good in locks too.
    :

    Only locks that aren't ever lubricated with anything else, and aren't
    exposed to the elements. Graphite and many other lubricants combine to form
    a nasty mess that will gum them up. One of the worst offenders is WD-40.
    <Rant that WD-40 isn't a lubricant deleted in the interests of child
    protection>

    --
    dscheidt@tumbolia.com
    Bipedalism is only a fad.