Subject: LRO: Re-lashing cleats

From: "Mike Rogers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 21:37:25 +0100

>>>>nifty flush mounting lashing points.  Basically, an approximate 3"
square
chunk is removed from the upper inside wheel wells and a bar mounted in
place.  Hard to describe, but the picture tells volumes.!).  I have heard
rumours that these are a (new?) British MOD issue.  Anyone know where to get
them<<<<

SSSSSHHH don't shout about these things. These latest British MOD Flush
Aluminium Retaining Tiedowns are still on the secret list and subject to
official secrets act (subsection 223b "Flush Aluminium Retaining Tiedowns"
restrictions).

This post has already lead to the start of an SIB investigation to see how
information on this new innovation has become public knowledge. Beware a
"FART" (Flush Aluminium Retaining Tiedowns)  investigation team may be on
its way,

Mike Rogers
Lightweight/Range Rover hybrid
LPG V8 110 project (thanks to Marijn)
(if you can't get there in a Land Rover you can't get there)