LRO: Wheel Cylinder Sizes

From: mstockdale@mho.net
Date: Wed May 30 2001 - 10:48:00 EDT

    Hello All;

    I was fixing a rear brake wheel cylinder the other day and found that I was out
    of replacement seals. I try to keep a few around for rebuilds. I looked
    through my box of old parts that I can't seem to throw away and dug out 8 old
    wheel cylinders and noticed that the 4 iron ones that came in the box of spares
    12 years ago were different than the 4 aluminum ones I replaced 10 years ago.
    When I replaced the 4 AL ones I did so with 4 new AL ones from Atl. Brit. My
    question is this. What size cylinder should be used at which wheel on a SII
    88"? I have been using 1" AL ones since I have owned the Rover. Is there
    supposed to be 1.25" cylinders in the front and 1" in the rear? I never really
    have had any problem with having 1" cylinders all around, but maybe its because
    thats what has always been on and I don't have a referance point for any other
    arangements. I also suspect that the snails I replaced 10 years ago where
    smaller that the originals, but replaced them anyway. Can anyone give me the
    dimensions of what a snail cam should be. Just the major radius is all thats
    really necessary.

    Hurricane Mitch and the Red
    Dinosaur

    This message was sent using MHO WebMail.
    http://www.mho.net